- Network Management System (NMS) Implementation
- Network Management System (NMS) Modernization
- Networks Modernization
- Network Analytics
Network Management System (NMS) Implementation
Zigron team has been focused on the satellite, wireless, and telecommunications industry for over 20 years and has significant subject matter expertise and a long history of skill-sets capable of developing Network Management Systems (NMS) for satellite, wireless, and telecom OEMs. Zigron has developed numerous Network Management Systems using WebNMS, J2EE, and a number of other open source platforms.
Zigron currently partners with and has expertise in WebNMS, Element Center and Open NMS platforms. However, our team has the business and technical domain expertise to work with and implement/integrate any existing NMS platforms.
Zigron defines a simple and scalable architecture using the NMS framework. The Zigron development includes but not limited to the following features:
- Discovery – Network discovery, Deep Discovery, Link Discovery, Cold start discovery, and Topology
- Chassis view for each device
- Fault and Mapping
- Out of the Box Fault Management and Alarm History
- Performance Monitoring (Simple data collection and graphs)
- Basic & Enhanced Security
- Re-branding & Enhanced UX/UI
Network Management System (NMS) Modernization
Need for NMS Modernization
As operators begin to add new networks and expand existing networks to support new technologies and products, the necessity of scalable, flexible and functionally rich NMS systems arises.
Zigron specializes in NMS domain and has got skills to upgrade and enhance legacy network management systems that can fulfill and meet the rising demands.
Zigron Skill Sets in NMS
Zigron has earned a sterling reputation in the NMS domain for responsiveness and reliability. We have got a solid track with the following successful NMS upgrades delivered on time and within budget for multiple network management systems:
- Architecture modernization
- User experience enhancement
- Modifications in system’s structure
- Implementation and integration of new protocols
- Meticulous documentation of modules
Zigron currently partners with and has expertise in WebNMS, Element Center and Open NMS platforms. However, our team can work with and modernize/migrate any existing NMS platforms.
The purpose of architecture modernization is to devise a target solution to support new and emerging network management needs. Our focus on requirements comes from our training, experience, and the best practices.
Making changes to initial requirements is much easier than changing later in another phase of the software implementation process. But since we have experience in NMS domain, we are capable of successfully proposing and implementing the new architecture for NMS.
User Experience Enhancement
Zigron has worked on building rich user interfaces for network management systems that allow users to configure, view and administer the devices in the network in a simple and easy manner. Please visit http://ux.zigron.com to learn more about our UX/UI expertise.
Zigron has the experience of implementing and integrating protocols in network management systems. Our resources are specifically trained over Layer 2/Layer 3 networking protocol.
Recently, we have integrated a new protocol (IPDR) in NMS. IPDR has gained popularity in recent years with cable operators as a highly efficient and scalable means of collecting data for measuring, managing and monetizing broadband services. The IP Detail Record (IPDR) protocol provides a standard framework for collecting subscriber usage and network instrumentation data in DOCSIS networks.
We provide all of our modules along with meticulous documentation in order to preserve the history of the systems at different cycles. This, in turn, makes life easy for the end users.
We have also trained our resources to perform meticulous logging during software development, so it is easier to test and debug the production system.
We work with our clients to ensure an effective and efficient knowledge transfer of the day-to-day workings of our solutions. This helps our clients maintain, support and enhance the modernized system.
Pressure on Network Businesses from the 3rd Platform
As the companies move from 1st generation platform (legacy & mainframe) to 2nd generation platform (client/server & LAN/Internet) to 3rd generation platform (cloud, mobile, smart connected devices & big data analytics), new challenges arise with the rising customer expectations like:
- On-demand services
- Intuitive & efficient interfaces
- High value/low cost
- Consistency across devices
- Cross service interoperability
Increasing competition like:
- Enterprise workloads moving to cloud
- Decreasing ARPU for existing services
- Cloud capturing OTT revenue
- Data centers driving COTS value chain
- Virtualization reduces switching costs.
Challenges of Existing Network Systems
With the pressure on Networks Businesses from the 3rd platform, the challenges of the existing network systems also arise:
Silos Limit System Efficiency and Agility
- Within the network, silos arise from organizational structure, M&A and multiple proprietary platforms
- Innovative services often require integration beyond the network, including but not limited to compute and storage services
Protect and Leverage Investments in Strategic Assets
- Assets include customer bases, networks and operational platforms
- Choice of new infrastructure limited by proprietary platforms and interoperability concerns
Reduce Networks TCO and Increase Revenue
- Network OPEX often driven by software platforms
- New revenue relies on introducing new services
Zigron Solutions Address Network Challenges
Zigron provides a combination of solutions bundled together to solve these network challenges. The solutions include but not limited to
- Network Application Modernization to reduce OPEX/CAPEX & improve agility
- UI / UX Modernization and Unification to simplify complex applications and provide the same look n feel & experience across the board
- Networks Analytics & Advanced Data Visualization to increase ROI with insightful decisions and precise predictions
- Developing new IoT/M2M applications to generate new revenues (the market to reach $7.1 T by 2020)
In addition, these solutions reduce interdependencies through UX unification and information architecture. Last but not least, these solutions provide integrated protection for trusted operation through access level and high-level security implementation.
Common Issues with Applications in Existing Network Systems
- Silos from point solutions, org structure, M&A, vendors, etc.
- Difficult adapting to escalating security threats
- Legacy applications based on proprietary technology & APIs
- Incompatibility with web and cloud technologies
Zigron Application Solutions
- Consolidate silos to increase efﬁciency and share data smoothly
- Integrate modern, adaptive security
- Transition to open architectures and interfaces
- Improve performance to handle increased scale
- Federate and peer with other IT platforms
Efficient applications reduce OPEX & improve agility
Network challenges are becoming complex as networks are growing. These growing networks are also producing a lot of data that can be used intelligently to solve the majority of those challenges. Zigron Networks Analytics Toolkit (NAT) can help you solve the hottest challenges in Ethernet/Carrier-Ethernet domain:
- Time: A lot of time consumption in issue identification and rectification
- Cost: System support operational expenses
- Network/device Issue management
- Issue identification in network/device
- Root cause Identification in network/device
- Issues prediction using Predictive Analytics
- Low performance with more resources
- Identification of issues affecting network performance
- No clues to improve the performance
- Issues in operations execution
- Issues in network provisioning/configuration
- Network traffic/Load
- Network/device load management based on historic data
- Network traffic management based on historic data
- Infrastructural issues (hardware/software)
- Predictive Risk Management
- Accurate issue identification
- Operational execution decision
- Pro-active resolution of problems
- Suitable operational timings
- Issues behind operational failure
- More investment less outcome
- Revenue management based on historical data